Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Scraps of Paper Pt 2

Wrote this in San Francisco

It’s interesting, this whole being adult thing.

There are thousands of things that I wanted to write about my first few weeks in New York city. About the first time I was in mid town and it rained, and how beautiful it was. About the rain last Sunday, how there was hardly a cloud in the sky and hot as Hades, but it rained anyway, and we sat outside eating in the sunshine while holding our umbrellas above us. Also I am kind of looking at this blog as a guide, a future guide to all young women who – just like me- would like to move to NY and “make it” in New York and like me have no idea how to go about doing. Really people who know nothing about it at all. Just like me. So that – unlike me, people will have some clues, some guidelines, some do’s and don’ts of which there are none out there now. At least none all written down in one central place. That I know of, anyway.

And now there are thousands of things that I want to write about this wedding. Not the least of which is, I miss my friends. Being with in their reach again, forging new levels in our friendships, new stories, and closer bonds, in this short time period is just both wonderful and heart breaking. I’m glad I came as early as I did and got to do as many wedding party stuff as possible.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
My goal in writing this blog is to strive to recreate the american theatre while simultaneously carving out a life for myself and then telling you guys all about it. Or go to www.emporerandy.com and click on the roster